0774 389 4895
Letting To Students
- All properties are advertised in the Student Homes Housing Agency each year on 1 February.
- Once the property is let, tenancy agreements are signed and deposits are collected.
- The tenancy starts on 1 July each year and expires on 30 June each year.
- The full rent is payable for 42 weeks of the 52 week contract.
- A summer rent equivalent to 50% of the usual rent is charged for 10 weeks
- Retainers, if applicable, are payable on or before 1 July.
- The property should be presented to the highest standards possible.
- The property should provide study bedrooms with bed, desk, chair, drawers and a clothes rail or similar.
- The kitchen should provide the usual services, appliances and sufficient storage.
- It is advisable to provide a shower and other items that may make the property more attractive. Avoid items that will be costly to maintain or replace.
- When setting the rent level it is worth considering a rent including all the utilities (gas, electricity and water) and pay this yourself by Direct Debit. You can estimate the amount and then divide it by the number of students. This approach is becoming the standard with students.
- Rent is paid to Let2U three times during the academic year.
- These dates are 1 October, 1 February and 1 May. Paid via standing order direct to Let2U.